Sponsorship opportunities for the 2020 Yungaburra Triathlon are now available.
Click here to download the Sponsorship Prospectus.
The Tablelands Regional Council has been a major sponsor of the Yungaburra Triathlon since the inaugural event.
Tips from Tablelands Regional Council
- Bring the whole family! The Yungaburra Triathlon is a perfect family weekend away on the Tablelands. We have kids and smaller adult races on the Saturday with the big races taking place on Sunday.
- Book your accommodation on time. With over 1,000 competitors and spectators travelling up to Yungaburra for the weekend you’d want to book your hotel room, campsite or luxurious holiday home sooner than later.
- Check the road closures and get to the event in time. The access road to the event will be closed prior to the race start on Saturday afternoon and Sunday morning.
We are looking forward to welcoming you to the Yungaburra Triathlon!
Jodie Coco, Events Officer at Tableland Regional Council
Care Chiropractic QLD is proud to be a sponsor of the Yungaburra Triathlon.
Sustaining prolonged periods of exercise requires a lot of hard work from one’s body. A triathlon is no exception.
Not only do you have to balance three sports (some say four if you include transition) but you also have to recover properly if you are to have any sort of longevity with racing.
Tips from Care Chiropractic QLD
Increase Flexibility & Strength: Most people these days are infatuated with stretching but over stretching is just as harmful as giving it a miss. Dynamic warmups are more beneficial then lots of stretching on race day. You want your body to be coiled like a spring, not a limp noodle.
Regain Balance: Regardless of whether you have a spine, ankle, knee or wrist injury, having your body balanced is vital. Just like stretching, do it both sides and work on your imbalances because a body that is in balance is less likely to get injured.
Proper Posture and Joint Function: There are certain positions in swimming, cycling and running which will result in performance gains. Technique, coaching and bike fits are all vital if you want to get the most out of your body. Having a professional assess any injury as well as your posture, balance and motion should be an integral part of any athlete’s program. The ultimate goal is to get you back racing, prevent re-injury and enhance overall performance. A gram of prevention is worth a tonne of cure.
Please support Care Chiropractic QLD and visit them at their website.
Swimfit offers Adult learn-to-swim, stroke correction and swim for fitness sessions in Port Douglas & Palm Cove.
For more information click here.
Tips from Swimfit
- Train in the pool to work on your fitness, but definitely include open water swimming in your training for the Yungaburra Triathlon as well. Don’t let race day be the first time you swim in open water.
- You will most probably be allowed to wear a wetsuit on race day. Make sure you practice swimming in the wetsuit you are planning to wear on race day. Swimming with a wetsuit is a lot different and is something to get used to. Choose wetsuit that is tight and doesn’t scoop water around your neck. Sleeves or no sleeves? This is up to you!
- The number one priority when swimming is to maintain a streamlined body position; Head down, bum up! Don’t let your legs dangle down as this creates drag and make you work harder to get to the end of the swim. Look down and push down on your chest and head, this will make your legs come up high in the water.
Enjoy training and I’m looking forward to seeing you on race day!
Irene Cats, Owner & Coach at Swimfit Port Douglas & Palm Cove
WholeLife Pharmacy and Healthfoods is the evolution of pharmacy, combining the products and services you rely on from your local pharmacy alongside the country’s widest and most affordable range of organic and natural products across healthfoods, nutrition, skincare, and more.
Tips from Wholelife Pharmacy & Health Foods
Carbohydrates are your best friend for endurance events.
To give yourself the best start with your energy levels make sure you are fuelling yourself with enough slow burning carbs such as wholegrain breads and pastas, legumes and fruits like bananas, apples and dates.
Slow burning (low GI) foods are especially important for breakfast on race day.
To maximise your body’s energy storing potential start by having a high carb snack immediately after training; this will help your body to store more glycogen and give you longer lasting energy on race day.
Find out more about Wholelife Pharmacy & Health Foods
Coral Coast Riders have been a sponsor of the Yungaburra Triathlon since the inaugural event.
Coral Coast Riders are dedicated to socially-minded riders who support learner riders and enjoy our mutual interest of motorcycling.
Queensland Surf Life Saving is proud to be a Gold sponsor of the Yungaburra Triathlon.
Queensland Surf Life Saving provides support and direction for clubs to ensure a safe aquatic environment and promote life saving services, youth development and surf sports
The Cairns Crocs Triathlon Club is proud to be a sponsor of the Yungaburra Triathlon and provides the use of their Equipment Trailer and Bike Rack Trailer to ensure the best event possible with the right equipment!
Thank you to the following for their kind support of the Yungaburra Triathlon 2019:
Malanda Chamber of Commerce
Tableland Adventure Guides
Atherton Trophies and Engraving
Queensland Ambulance Service
The Afghanistan Avenue of Honour