The safety of our athletes is incredibly important to us.
Thank you for your support and cooperation throughout these road closures.
1–5pm Saturday 30 April
Races will be held at Tinaburra Peninsula with no major road closures.
Full road closures include:
- 1–5pm Tinaburra Drive from Lakeside Drive to Tinaburra Foreshore including boat ramp
- 2–5pm Tinaburra Drive from last house on the left-hand side after Williams Avenue (15 Tinaburra Drive) through to Tinaburra Foreshore and including Lakeside Drive.
5.30am–1pm Sunday 1 May
Major road closures on primary vehicle routes are:
- 5.30am–1pm Tinaburra Drive from Lakeside Drive to Tinaburra Foreshore including boat ramp.
- 7am–12.30pm Williams Avenue, Tinaburra Drive, Waterfront Terrace and Harper Avenue including the intersections of Williams Avenue with Barrine Road and Martin Street.
- 7.15 –11.15am Barrine Road, Park Avenue and Maple Street including intersections with Williams Avenue, Lillypilly Lane, Eacham Road and Ash Street.
- 7.30–11am Gillies Range Road from Maple Street to Peeramon Road (detour via Malanda–Lake Barrine Road) including intersections of Gillies Range Road with Beech Street, Peeramon Road, Maple Street and Pine Street(left turn allowed). Also local traffic only between Peeramon Road and Lake Barrine/GilliesHighway intersection.
- 7.45–10.45am Peeramon Road to Ball Road including intersections of Peeramon Road with Jallard, Hunt, McKenzie, Wharton, Anderson, Cornish, English and Ball Roads and Croker Lane
- 8–10.30am Ball Road and Curtain Fig Tree Road including intersections of Ball Road with Foxwell, Williams and Curtain Fig Tree Roads, Curtain Fig Tree Road with Chumbarumba, Coleman and Gillies Range Road.
No watercraft will be permitted on the swim course.
Tinaburra boat ramp will be closed 1–5pm Saturday 30 April
2022 and 5.30am–1pm Sunday 1 May 2022. Lake Tinaroo can
be accessed by boat ramps on Black Gully Road and Church
Street in Tinaroo.
Please click on the links below to see maps and get more details.
Get messages via SMS about Road Closures at the Yungaburra Triathlon
Reply with STOP to opt out of receiving notifications at any time.
We recommend you come to the Peninsula early on both days and in plenty of time to park and register for your event. Roads will be open as soon as the Race Director deems it safe and all participants are cleared from the road.
The Yungaburra Town Centre is still accessable by Vehicle throughout the entire weekend.